[Pacemaker] adding a third node for quorum without running resource?

Jelle de Jong jelledejong at powercraft.nl
Fri Apr 15 15:54:22 EDT 2011

Hello everybody,

I have been trying to get a third node running in my corosync with
pacemaker setup under Debian stable to act as quorum node. The third
node server can not run any of the resources and is mostly used to
detect network failures and prevent drbd split-brain situation when
there are network issues.

I added the third node, but since it can not run drbd the crm drbd
monitors systems in my crm configuration will break. (it's expecting
third drbd machine)

How should I change my configuration[1] so it understands that it can
not run resources on the third node (machine ebony) but should use it
for quorum only?

[1] http://pastebin.com/wYjqpDvk

I tried changing the corosync.conf and commented out the service
section, but now pacemaker does not detect the third node at all, and
tests show it is also is not used for quorum.

Thanks in advance,

Kind regards,

Jelle de Jong