[Pacemaker] lrmd: WARN: G_SIG_dispatch: Dispatch function for S 1000 ms (> 100 ms) before being called

Dejan Muhamedagic dejanmm at fastmail.fm
Fri Apr 1 09:39:53 EDT 2011

Hi,

On Thu, Mar 31, 2011 at 10:52:39AM +0200, Jelle de Jong wrote:
> On 30-03-11 21:05, Jean-Francois Malouin wrote:
> > A little more than a month ago I posted on the subjet line warning and
> > was told that they were harmless unless very frequent. They are now
> > popping more than 10 times a day.
> > I was asked to create a bug report if I wanted more info. So now I
> > have an hb_report ready to go. Excuse the naive question, but where/how
> > do I submit it?
>
> Please keep us informed on this list, (share bug report URL)! I got the
> same message popping up about twice a day and am interested why the
> logging is so alarming.

I think you've already reported the issue.

It's actually considered to be a feature that the library warns
you when it couldn't run the signal handler (or similar) in a
timely fashion. Now, what's the cause is really up to the
administrator to find out and take a look at how computing
resources on nodes are used. Typically it's a severe load caused
by backup or some other I/O intensive task. There's probably not
much more one can do about it.

Thanks,

Dejan