No subject

Sun Apr 3 02:52:37 EDT 2011

trying to remove and should be read in reverse.

>> > =A0 =A0 =A0<rsc_order id=3D"order-set" kind=3D"Mandatory">
>> > =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0<resource_ref id=3D"dummy0" action=3D"promote"/>
>> > =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0<resource_ref id=3D"dummy1" action=3D"promote"/>
>> > =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0<ordering_set id=3D"order-set-1" internal-ordering=3D"O=
ptional">
>> > =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0<resource_ref id=3D"dummy2"/>
>> > =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0<resource_ref id=3D"dummy3"/>
>> > =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0</ordering_set>
>> > =A0 =A0 =A0</rsc_order>
>> >
>> > For instance, that way we won't have single resource sets which
>> > look silly.
>>
>> Thats for the shell to deal with. =A0Sorry.
>> If you want to omit the delimiters for a single set, or the first one,
>> or the last one, or the one in the middle - go for it.
>> But that's got nothing to do with the XML.
>
> OK. Though I wish I could understand why is that impossible to
> code in such a way in XML. I mean, semantically it is the same
> thing, right? It's just that the latter version has a bit less
> scaffolding.

Its a lot of extra work to reduce a minimal amount of XML scaffolding
that the vast majority of people will never see (since they use the
shell) and introduces unnecessary confusion as to which syntax is
"correct".

>> > OK.

>> > How about internal-score for both? I mean, we already know what
>> > kind of constraint it is.
>>
>> Score does not make sense for ordering constraints.
>> Since we're already removing it from the non-set version, it doesn't
>> make sense to add it back here.
>
> Ah, forgot that again. OK, then internal-score and internal-kind?
> Or just "score" and "kind"? The thing is, for instance in the
> rsc_colocation element, there's the "score" attribute specifying
> the same kind of thing as the "internal-colocation" attribute in
> the colocation_set element. That sounds confusing to me.

I added the internal- prefix to fix it in people's minds that it
applied to the members of the set and not between the sets themselves.

> And how about "collocation" instead of "colocation"? At least my
> dictionaries prefer the former spelling.

Apparently either form is correct:
   http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colocation

So I guess we should use colocation to be consistent with the constraint na=
me.