[Pacemaker] Beginner troubles

Ziri Camden zcamden at gmail.com
Tue Nov 30 14:39:36 EST 2010

>> Things work great as long as I stick to a 2-node setup with STONITH
>> disabled and quorum ignored. As soon as I add a third node, things get
>> odd. The third node isn't seen by the rest of the cluster and doesn't
>> see its peers.
>
> Usually its a firewall.  Are they all connected to the same switch?

Same unmanaged switch, no VLANs or anything. No firewalls on any of
the clients. Tried several different physical ports on the switch.
About as simple a setup as is possible.

I have tried setting up the stack in a different order on all three
physical hosts, and without fail the first two nodes I configure work
predictably until a third is added. It doesn't seem to matter which
physical host I use - the last one I set up might see the cluster
once, then completely loses it when I reboot one of the other nodes
(and re-start corosync on it).

All this is without any services configured, although services do seem
to fail over properly in a 2-node configuration.

I'm at a loss. This will be a facepalm moment when I sort it out, I'm sure.

--
ZC