[Pacemaker] Extending CTS with other tests

Vit Pelcak vpelcak at suse.cz
Wed Nov 24 09:07:48 EST 2010

Dne 23.11.2010 16:34, Andrew Beekhof napsal(a):
> On Tue, Nov 23, 2010 at 1:19 PM, Vit Pelcak<vpelcak at suse.cz>  wrote:
>> Hello.
>>
>> I have prepared several scripts for automation of HA testing.
>>
>> I'd like to ask for some help with porting them into CTS, or at least part
>> of them. As there is no documentation for CTS and I'm just learning Python,
>> I could use some help here and there while trying to figure out how to do
>> that.
>>
>> If I understand it right, CIB.py contains configuration of resources and new
>> ones are added like:
>>     stonith_sbd_resource_template = """
>> <resources>
>> <primitive class="stonith" id="sbd_stonith" type="external/sbd">
>> <meta_attributes id="sbd_stonith-meta_attributes">
>> <nvpair id="sbd_stonith-meta_attributes-target-role" name="target-role"
>> value="Started"/>
>> </meta_attributes>
>> <operations>
>> <op id="sbd_stonith-monitor-1" name="monitor" interval="120s"
>> prereq="nothing" timeout="300s"/>
>> <op id="sbd_stonith-monitor-2" name="start" prereq="nothing"
>>   timeout="120s"/>
>> <op id="sbd_stonith-monitor-3" name="stop" timeout="120s"/>
>> </operations>
>> </operations>
>> <instance_attributes id="sbd_stonith-instance_attributes">
>> <nvpair id="sbd_stonith-instance_attributes-sbd_device" name="sbd_device"
>> value="%s"/>
>> </instance_attributes>
>> </primitive>
>> </resources>"""
>>
>> Could this be replaced just by running crm configure .... ? I think, that is
>> would be better (but I can be wrong, of course).
> Yes, we do that actually.
> The above xml is only for older versions of pacemaker when the shell
> didnt exist.

Ah. I see:

class HASI(CIB10):
     def add_resources(self):
         # DLM resource
         self._create('''primitive dlm ocf:pacemaker:controld op monitor
interval=120s''')
         self._create('''clone dlm-clone dlm meta globally-unique=false
interleave=true''')

         # O2CB resource
         self._create('''primitive o2cb ocf:ocfs2:o2cb op monitor
interval=120s''')
         self._create('''clone o2cb-clone o2cb meta
globally-unique=false interleave=true''')
         self._create('''colocation o2cb-with-dlm INFINITY: o2cb-clone
dlm-clone''')
         self._create('''order start-o2cb-after-dlm mandatory: dlm-clone
o2cb-clone''')

BTW, shouldn't section for O2CB resource (and perhaps ohers) be updated
also with recommended start/stop timeouts? Those default are perhaps not
optimal. At least I see crm tool complaining about it when creating them.

>> Then I would call something like:
>> stonith_resource = self.stonith_sbd_resource_template % (p_value)
>>
>> Is that right?
> yep
>
>> In the process of SBD creation, I need to call:
>> sbd -d $sbd_disk create
>>
>> on one of nodes, and
>>
>> sbd -d $sbd_disk allocate $(hostname)
>>
>> on every node. How can I do that?
> CTS doesn't try to configure an entire cluster from scratch, there are
> still some things that are specific to your test environment and this
> looks like one of them (not all clusters have shared storage for
> example)

OK. Then I'll handle this thing by my own scripts which are not viable
to be ported to CTS.

> There is scope for creating more complex test scenarios though, see
> the HAE section of the same file.

I didn't find it.

Did you mean this?:

class HASI(CIB10):
     def add_resources(self):
         # DLM resource
         self._create('''primitive dlm ocf:pacemaker:controld op monitor
interval=120s''')
         self._create('''clone dlm-clone dlm meta globally-unique=false
interleave=true''')

         # O2CB resource
         self._create('''primitive o2cb ocf:ocfs2:o2cb op monitor
interval=120s''')
         self._create('''clone o2cb-clone o2cb meta
globally-unique=false interleave=true''')
         self._create('''colocation o2cb-with-dlm INFINITY: o2cb-clone
dlm-clone''')
         self._create('''order start-o2cb-after-dlm mandatory: dlm-clone
o2cb-clone''')

> In that scenario one can assume shared storage so adding sbd wouldn't
> be a problem.

# SBD resource
crm configure primitive sbd_stonith stonith:external/sbd meta
target-role="Started" op monitor interval="15" timeout="15" params
sbd_device="%s"

?

>> I assume, that CTS can handle formatting of disks for correct fs easily by
>> running mkfs or any other commands just as bash would. But how can I make it
>> do so on one specific machine while other machines would do something else?
> Not sure. It wasn't really designed for this.

OK. Maybe some parts are not good idea to be ported to CTS.

> Possibly you could just loop through the configured machines and treat
> the first as special.

I'll consider that, however, most probably, I'll prepare cluster by own
scripts for specific scenario as well and then run CTS.