[Pacemaker] UDPU transport patch added, when will the RPMs be available

Steven Dake sdake at redhat.com
Mon Nov 22 12:04:28 EST 2010

On 11/22/2010 09:27 AM, Dan Frincu wrote:
> Hi Steven,
>
> Steven Dake wrote:

>>> When upstream does a new release.
>>>

>> Dan,
>>
>> The flatiron branch (containing the udpu patches) is going through
>> testing for 1.3.0.  We find currently that single CPU virtual machine
>> systems seem to have problems with these patches which we will sort out
>> before release.
>>
>> Regards
>> -steve
>>

> I've taken the (tip I think it is called) of corosync.git and compiled
> the RPM's on RH5U3 64-bit (I got the code the day it was first released,
> haven't had a chance to post yet).

First off, we release from the flatiron branch.  It is our stable
branch.  From git, do

git checkout flatiron

This will provide the full flatiron branch for building.

> # git show
> commit 565b32c2621c08f82cab57420217060d100d4953
> Author: Fabio M. Di Nitto <fdinitto at redhat.com>
> Date:   Fri Nov 19 09:21:47 2010 +0100
>
> There were some issues when compiling, deps mostly, some in the spec
> related to version which was UNKNOWN, I did a sed, placed 1.2.9 as a

We are aware of this problem.  We just moved from svn to git, and there
is some pain associated.  This particular problem comes from a lack of a
specific type of tag in the git repo for version numbers.  It will be
fixed once 1.3.0 is released.  Then RPM builds will work as expected.

> number instead of UNKNOWN and it compiled OK. I've installed it on two
> Xen VM's I use for testing and found some issues so the question is:
> where can I send feedback (and what kind of feedback is required) about
> development code? I'm not saying that you guys haven't run into these
> errors, maybe you did and they were fixed and maybe some are specific to
> my setup and haven't been found so, if I can provide some feedback on
> development code, I'd be more than happy to, if that's OK.

We are certainly interested in contributions to the master branch.  What
most people use is the flatiron branch.  If you see defects on the tip
of flatiron, let us know, and we will work to address them.

The best way to report an issue is to start a conversation on our
mailing list (in the cc) "Is XYZ supposed to happen?".  The developers
can say yes or no and ask for further information if there is a defect.

Regards
-steve