[Pacemaker] Stonith Device APC AP7900

Devin Reade gdr at gno.org
Sun Nov 14 23:32:06 EST 2010

Rick Cone <rcone at securepaymentsystems.com> wrote:

> Perhaps I'll just use 1 outlet with the node name,
> with a power splitter to the 2 redundant power supplies to reduce the
> chances of problems.

IMO, if you're going to use a chassis with redundant power supplies,
you're better off with a system that uses an ALOM/DRAC/iLO, or equivalent
that sits between the redundant power bus and the main boards, and
then plug your redundant power supplies into two different circuits.
Otherwise, for what's supposed to be an HA system, you're introducing
unnecessary single points of failure.  I know the arguments about
using an external device for fencing, but in the redundant power case
if you can't reach your ALOM/whatever you're already looking at the
multiple failures.

But it's your datacenter.

FWIW, I can confirm that the AP7900 works just fine and should be
added to the list of supported devices.

Devin