[Pacemaker] 2 node failover cluster + MySQL Master-Master replica setup

Dan Frincu dfrincu at streamwide.ro
Sun Nov 14 10:50:41 EST 2010

Hi,
> I am pretty sure Linbit announced mysql RA with replication capabilities. Haven't seen documentation though.
>
> # crm ra meta mysql|grep ^replica
> replication_user (string): MySQL replication user
> replication_passwd (string): MySQL replication user password
> replication_port (string, [3306]): MySQL replication port

You're probably using a newer version of resource-agents, I have
resource-agents-1.0.3-2.el5 and:

# crm ra meta mysql|grep ^replica
# echo $?
# 1

I've found the patches for the MySQL RA though

http://hydra.azilian.net/gitweb/?p=linux-ha/.git;a=summary

And the original thread

http://www.mail-archive.com/linux-ha@lists.linux-ha.org/msg14992.html

The patches apply for a Master-Slave Replication setup, haven't tested
them though.
> So now almost the only one possibilities is DRBD+MySQL?

So I guess there are 2 ways for a MS setup with MySQL.

Regards,

Dan

--
Dan FRINCU