[Pacemaker] start filesystem like this is right?

jiaju liu liujiaju86 at yahoo.com.cn
Sun Nov 14 00:17:23 EST 2010

>> start resource steps
>> step(1)
>> crm configure primitive?vol_mpath0 ocf:heartbeat:Filesystem meta target->role=stopped params device=/dev/mapper/mpath0 >directory=/mnt/mapper/mpath0 fstype='lustre' op start timeout=300s? op stop >timeout=120s op monitor timeout=120s interval=60s op notify timeout=60s
>> step(2)crm resource reprobe
>
> >step(3)
> >crm configure location vol_mpath0_location_manage?datavol_mpath0 rule -inf: not_defined pingd_manage or pingd_manage lte 0
>>
> >crm configure location vol_mpath0_location_data?datavol_mpath0 rule -inf: >not_defined pingd_data or pingd_data lte 0

>why do you have 2 location constraints? where is the definitions for
>pingd_data and  pingd_manage?

because we have two network. manage network is ethernet data network is ib.

the definitions of pingd
crm configure primitive pingd_data ocf:pacemaker:ping meta target-role=stopped params name=pingd_data op start timeout=100s op stop timeout=100s op monitor interval=90s timeout=100s";

crm_resource -p host_list -r pingd_data -v IP_list

crm configure clone pingd_data_net pingd_data meta globally-unique=falsetarget-role=stopped

crm resource start pingd_data

crm configure primitive pingd_manage ocf:pacemaker:ping meta target-role=stopped params name=pingd_manage op start timeout=90s op stop timeout=100s op monitor interval=90s timeout=100s

crm_resource -p host_list -r pingd_manage -v IP_list

crm configure clone pingd_manage_net pingd_manage meta globally-unique=false

crm resource start pingd_manage

> >step(4)
> .crm resource start vol_mpath0
>
> >delete resource steps
>
> .step(1)
> >crm resource stop vol_mpath0
>
> >step(2)
> >crm resource cleanup vol_mpath0
>
> >step(3)
> >crm configure delete vol_mpath0
>
> >above?is my steps? is it right? I repeat these steps for several times. at begin >>it works well. after 5 or 6 times the reosurce could not start .I use crm resource >>start vol_mpath0 again no use.

>Could be that your ping nodes are down?
the node is ok. and do you know the way to check pingd? and I found the cluster is something wrong.I check the log  I think node could not get the situation from crm

> my pacemaker package?are
> ? ? pacemaker-1.0.8-6.1.el5
> ? ? pacemaker-libs-devel-1.0.8-6.1.el5
> ? ? pacemaker-libs-1.0.8-6.1.el5
>
> ? ? openais packages?are
> ? ? openaislib-devel-1.1.0-1.el5
> ? ? openais-1.1.0-1.el5
> ? ? openaislib-1.1.0-1.el5
>
> ??? corosync packages are
> ? ? corosync-1.2.2-1.1.el5
> ? ? corosynclib-devel-1.2.2-1.1.el5
> ? ? corosynclib-1.2.2-1.1.el5
> ? ? who know why thanks a lot

------------------------------

Message: 4
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2010 13:07:56 -0500
From: Vadym Chepkov <vchepkov at gmail.com>
To: The Pacemaker cluster resource manager
    <pacemaker at oss.clusterlabs.org>
Subject: Re: [Pacemaker] 2 node failover cluster + MySQL Master-Master
    replica setup

On Nov 12, 2010, at 11:14 AM, Ruzsinszky Attila wrote:

> Hi,
>
>> And now (officially) RHCS can also use Pacemaker
>> http://theclusterguy.clusterlabs.org/post/1551292286
> Nice.
>
>> Yeah, like I said, Master-Master and Pacemaker without a proper resource
>> agent will cause issues.
> Yes.
>
>> big problems. Now let me explain this, a 2-node Multi-Master MySQL setup
>> means setting up every node as both Master and Slave, node 1's Master
>> replicates asynchronously to node 2's Slave and node 2's Master replicates
>> asynchronously to node 1's Slave. The replication channels between the two
>> are not redundant, nor do they recover from failure automatically and you
>> have to manually set the auto-increment-increment and auto-increment-offset
>> so that you don't have primary key collisions.
> Clear.
>
>> each server. Looking at how DRBD handles these kinds of things is one way to
>> go about it, but ... it's a huge task and there are a lot of things that can
>> go terribly wrong.
> :-(
>
>> So again, for the third time, the problem is not the Multi-Master setup, nor
>> it is Pacemaker, it's just a very specific use case for which a resource
>> agent wasn't written.
> OK.
> So now almost the only one possibilities is DRBD+MySQL?

I am pretty sure Linbit announced mysql RA with replication capabilities. Haven't seen documentation though.

Vadym

End of Pacemaker Digest, Vol 36, Issue 47