[Pacemaker] Multistate Resources is not promoted automatically

Simon Jansen simon.jansen1 at googlemail.com
Thu Nov 11 05:38:24 EST 2010

Hi Andrew,

thank you for your answer.

Does the ocf:heartbeat:Rsyslog script call crm_master?
> It needs to to tell pacemaker which instance to promote.

Yes it does. But I forgot to call crm_master with the option -D in the stop
action. I think that this was the error. After correcting this issue the ra
starts as expected.

Two questions though...
> 1) Why use master/slave for rsyslog?

In the master role the rsyslog daemon should function as central log server
and write the entries received on UDP port 514 into a MySQL database.
On the passive node the rsyslog service should be started with the standard
config.
Do you think there is a better solution to solve this requirement?

> 2) Is this an upstream RA? If not, you shouldn't be using the
> ocf:heartbeat namespace.

Ok thank you for the advice. Should I use the pacemaker class instead or
should I define a custom namespace?

Simon Jansen