[Pacemaker] Corosync using unicast instead of multicast

Dan Frincu dfrincu at streamwide.ro
Fri Nov 5 04:30:50 EDT 2010

Hi,

Alan Jones wrote:
> This question should be on the openais list, however, I happen to know
> the answer.
> To get up and running quickly you can configure broadcast with the
> version you have.

I've done that already, however I was a little concerned as to what
Steven Dake said on the openais mailing list about using broadcast
"Broadcast and redundant ring probably don't work to well together.".

I've also done some testing and saw that the broadcast address used is
255.255.255.255, regardless of what the bindnetaddr network address is,
and quite frankly, I was hoping to see a directed broadcast address.
This wasn't the case, therefore I wonder whether this was the issue that
Steven was referring to, because by using the 255.255.255.255 as a
broadcast address, there is the slight chance that some application
running in the same network might send a broadcast packet using the same
port as configured on the cluster. How would the cluster react to that,
would it ignore the packet, would it wreak havoc?

Regards,

Dan

That's my main concern right now.

Dan FRINCU