[Pacemaker] Problem with CRMD restart

JiaQiang Xu xjqkilling at gmail.com
Fri Nov 19 04:11:09 EST 2010

Hi,

I'm using pacemaker 1.0.9 and corosync 1.2.7.
Recently I found a problem with CRMD restart.

If CRMD crashes or is manually killed, for now corosync will try to restart it
up to 100 times (done in lib/ais/plugin.c). But what if CRMD become so buggy
(or due to some environmental factor) that it cannot be restarted successfully
after 100 times?
I read through the code and found that in this situation the ais
plugin will send
out a notification message to other nodes in the cluster. But now the
nodes won't
do anything more than updating peer information upon receiving this
notification.

Is this a bug? Or we just don't plan to deal with it?

Thanks.
--Jiaqiang