[Pacemaker] 2 node failover cluster + MySQL Master-Master replica setup

Attila Ruzsinszky ruzsinszky.attila at gmail.com
Wed Nov 10 13:04:07 EST 2010

Hi,

Please help me!

I want to solve the above task.
I'm a beginner in cluster and MySQL.

MySQL M-M setup is working. When I start cluster sw (pacemaker+openais)
everything seems good. There is a master mysqld on clusterB node and slave
mysqld on clusterA.

If I connect to the common "cluster" IP I can create DB. It is good.

If I put clusterB standby, mysqld always restarts on clusterA.
In message file there are lines which are complain about missing
SUPER and RELOAD privileges. But for which user?

Do I have to make any special pacemaker config for MySQL M-M setup?

Is there a cookbook, HowTo, anything I can use configure MySQL+Pacemaker
for my task?

I tried to get some help on #linux-cluster; #mysql and #mysql-nbd IRC channels.
I got the working M-M setup from #mysql-nbd. The boy is not using pacemaker
at all. :-(

Environment:
Machines are running under VMware. VM guest OS: Novell SLES 11 SP1 +HA 64 bit.

TIA,
Ruzsi