[Pacemaker] shutdown windows Server

Florian Haas florian.haas at linbit.com
Wed May 5 03:34:46 EDT 2010

On 2010-05-04 19:11, Ingmar wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a problem ...
>
> I have 3 virtual machines ... one with Linux, one with Windows 2008
> Server and one with Windows Server 2008 R2.
> When I try to stop the VMs with heartbeat/pacemaker (hb_gui or
> system-shutdown), the Linux VM downs cleanly.
> The Windows VMs seems to do nothing... so they will be killed after timeout.
>
> If I go on libvirt (virt-manager) and press in the GUI the
> "shutdown"-button both went down immediately.
>
> Where could be my problem? Shouldn't use Pacemaker the same functions as
> virt-manager?

Pacemaker is only indirectly in play here, what's important is whether
the RA behaves correctly. And the RA uses "virsh shutdown" to bring down
the guest domain, which is (or at least should be!) functionally
identical to shutting down the domain from virt-manager.

What happens if you just issue "virsh shutdown <domainname>" from the
command line? Does the domain gracefully shut down?

> If the versions of libvirt / heartbeat / pacemaker, etc., are important, give short notice.

Well yes they are. They always are.

Cheers,
Florian