[Pacemaker] Pacemaker requirements

Andrew Beekhof andrew at beekhof.net
Sat Mar 27 17:09:58 EDT 2010

On Tue, Mar 23, 2010 at 2:11 AM, Michael, Benjamin P.
(GSFC-690.0)[CATHOLIC UNIV OF AMERICA] <benjamin.p.michael at nasa.gov>
wrote:

> Am somewhat confused with the requirements for Pacemaker.  This is what I think I understand on the current state.  If I have the following right would appreciate an affirmative.
>
> 1.  The opensuse repo is no longer supported and the clusterlabs repo is the current officially supported one.

Correct.
http://theclusterguy.clusterlabs.org/post/370384760/pacemaker-removed-from-obs

> 2.  Corosync is a subset of Openais.  Corosync is the default to now use with Pacemaker and openais only has to be installed if using ocfs or a few other programs.

Correct.

> 5.

Did we skip 3 and 4? ;-)

> I have a cluster I setup late 2009 using the opensuse repo.  Working fine with openais from base CentOS 5.4.  If I upgrade pacemaker to 1.0.8 am I still alright to continue to use the openais from CentOS 5.4 or is there some specific reason to update to the openais and/or corosync in the repo?

You would want to recompile the .src.rpm (
http://www.clusterlabs.org/wiki/Install#Re-Building_RPMs_for_Other_Architectures
)
The versions on clusterlabs are built against corosync and the APIs
Pacemaker uses have changed significantly.
So the resulting rpms will not function against the older openais packages.