[Pacemaker] Can't install resource-agents-1.0.2 on EL5

Ken Dechick kend at medent.com
Fri Mar 26 11:11:20 EDT 2010

Hi Adam and Andrew,

  Thanks to both of your for the responses. Adam, I was unclear as to if our
support contract covered only DRBD or included this other stuff. I was hoping
it did!

  Anyway on to the business at hand. I am actually way ahead of you guys on
this. I have 4 extra repos configured on all my inhouse devel machines. I use:
epel, rpmforge, linbit, and clusterlabs. I use the yum-priorities package to
keep things in line.
Here is what I am seeing - things work fine on CentOS 5.3, the libnet package
does provide the needed dependency. The problem appears to be with CentOS 5.4
- which is odd, I am fairly sure they should use the very same package lists
(but I may be wrong). My epel.repo is identical on both machines:

[epel]
name=Extra Packages for Enterprise Linux 5 - $basearch
#baseurl=http://download.fedoraproject.org/pub/epel/5/$basearch
mirrorlist=http://mirrors.fedoraproject.org/mirrorlist?repo=epel-5&arch=$basearch
failovermethod=priority
enabled=1
gpgcheck=1
gpgkey=file:///etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-EPEL
priority=3

I have 2 clusters that are 99% up to date, just need the newer resource-agents
package to complete things. Looks like I can install no problem on CentOS 5.3:

 yum update resource-agents libnet
Loaded plugins: fastestmirror
 * epel: archive.linux.duke.edu
 * rpmforge: apt.sw.be
 * base: centos.eecs.wsu.edu
 * updates: centos.mirrors.tds.net
 * addons: ftp.osuosl.org
 * extras: mirror.nyi.net
Setting up Update Process
Resolving Dependencies
--> Running transaction check
---> Package resource-agents.x86_64 0:1.0.2-1 set to be updated
--> Processing Dependency: libnet.so.1()(64bit) for package: resource-agents
--> Running transaction check
---> Package libnet.x86_64 0:1.1.4-3.el5 set to be updated
--> Finished Dependency Resolution

Dependencies Resolved

======================================================================================================================================
 Package                              Arch                        Version
                      Repository                   Size
======================================================================================================================================
Updating:
 resource-agents                      x86_64                      1.0.2-1
                      drbd-8                      299 k
Installing for dependencies:
 libnet                               x86_64                      1.1.4-3.el5
                      epel                         55 k

Transaction Summary
======================================================================================================================================
Install      1 Package(s)
Update       1 Package(s)
Remove       0 Package(s)

But if I try the same on a CentOS 5.4 machine:
yum install libnet.x86_64 resource-agents.x86_64
Loaded plugins: fastestmirror, priorities
 * addons: ftp.osuosl.org
 * base: centos.eecs.wsu.edu
 * epel: archive.linux.duke.edu
 * extras: mirror.nyi.net
 * rpmforge: apt.sw.be
 * updates: centos.mirrors.tds.net
Excluding Packages from CentOS-5 - Extras
Finished
610 packages excluded due to repository priority protections
Setting up Install Process
Resolving Dependencies
--> Running transaction check
---> Package libnet.x86_64 0:1.1.2.1-2.rf set to be updated
---> Package resource-agents.x86_64 0:1.0.2-1 set to be updated
--> Processing Dependency: libnet.so.1()(64bit) for package: resource-agents
--> Finished Dependency Resolution
resource-agents-1.0.2-1.x86_64 from linbit has depsolving problems
  --> Missing Dependency: libnet.so.1()(64bit) is needed by package
resource-agents-1.0.2-1.x86_64 (linbit)
Error: Missing Dependency: libnet.so.1()(64bit) is needed by package
resource-agents-1.0.2-1.x86_64 (linbit)
 You could try using --skip-broken to work around the problem
 You could try running: package-cleanup --problems
                        package-cleanup --dupes
                        rpm -Va --nofiles --nodigest

To clarify, on CentOS 5.3:
 yum info libnet
Loaded plugins: fastestmirror
 * epel: archive.linux.duke.edu
 * rpmforge: apt.sw.be
 * base: centos.eecs.wsu.edu
 * updates: centos.mirrors.tds.net
 * addons: ftp.osuosl.org
 * extras: mirror.nyi.net
Available Packages
Name       : libnet
Arch       : x86_64
Version    : 1.1.4
Release    : 3.el5
Size       : 55 k
Repo       : epel
Summary    : C library for portable packet creation and injection
URL        : http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/libnet-dev/
License    : BSD
network packets. It provides a portable framework for low-
           : level network packet writing and handling (use libnet in
conjunction with libpcap and you can write some really cool
           : stuff). Libnet includes packet creation at the IP layer and at
the link layer as well as a host of supplementary and
           : complementary functionality.

And on CentOS 5.4:
yum info libnet
Loaded plugins: fastestmirror, priorities
 * addons: ftp.osuosl.org
 * base: centos.eecs.wsu.edu
 * epel: archive.linux.duke.edu
 * extras: mirror.nyi.net
 * rpmforge: apt.sw.be
 * updates: centos.mirrors.tds.net
Excluding Packages from CentOS-5 - Extras
Finished
610 packages excluded due to repository priority protections
Available Packages
Name       : libnet
Arch       : x86_64
Version    : 1.1.2.1
Release    : 2.rf
Size       : 238 k
Repo       : extras
Summary    : Routines to help with network packet contruction and handling
URL        : http://www.packetfactory.net/projects/libnet/
License    : GPL
programmer to
           : construct and inject network packets. It provides a portable and
simplified
           : interface for low-level network packet shaping, handling and
injection.
           :
           : Libnet hides much of the tedium of packet creation from the
application
           : programmer such as multiplexing, buffer management, arcane packet
header
           : information, byte-ordering, OS-dependent issues, and much more.
Libnet
           : features portable packet creation interfaces at the IP layer and
link layer,
           : as well as a host of supplementary and complementary functionality.
           :
           : Using libnet, quick and simple packet assembly applications can
be whipped up
           : with little effort. With a bit more time, more complex programs
can be written
           : (Traceroute and ping were easily rewritten using libnet and libpcap).

Ooops - now I see the problem! My CentOS 5.4 is trying to pull libnet from the
CentOS extras, not the epel!
I appended my CentOS-Base.repo to include libnet with drbd in the package
exclusions: exclude=drbd* kmod-drbd* libnet*    and this appears to solve the
issue.
I will leave all this info and still send it to you guys in case it helps you
fix someone else's issue with this!

-Thanks!
-Ken

Kenneth M DeChick
Linux Systems Administrator
Community Computer Service, Inc.
(315)-255-1751 ext154
http://www.medent.com
kend at medent.com
Registered Linux User #497318
"You canna change the laws of physics, Captain; I've got to have thirty minutes! "

.