[Pacemaker] WARNING: drbd0: default-action-timeout

Dejan Muhamedagic dejanmm at fastmail.fm
Fri Mar 19 11:25:48 EDT 2010

Hi,

On Fri, Mar 19, 2010 at 09:24:16AM -0400, Ken Dechick wrote:
> Hi all,
>
>   Thanks for the responses. I actaully had it figured out a few minutes after
> I posted - doh! I just added:
>  'op start timeout="XXs op stop timeout="XXs"' for the 3 primitives that were
> giving this warning - obviously using the suggested defaults for each. In the
> case of DRBD I simply had to changeover to using:
>
>  primitive drbd0 ocf:linbit:drbd params drbd_resource="drbd0" op \
>  monitor interval="15s" op start timeout="240s" op stop timeout="100s"
>
>  I had to make similar changes to the IPPADR2 and Filesystem primitives as well.
>
>  This isn't something I wanted to ignore though - every command you issue in
> the crm would give you that WARNING again - so with 3 resources complaining
> you get a LOT of warnings anytime you issue a verify, commit, ect. With a warn
> for the start timeout and one for the stop, that's 6 warning flags! As a
> cluster admin, I don't like to see WARNING!  :)

Well, that's a good attitude. This information is important.
Though they may be annoying, they should really be addressed in
some way. It could also be that the timeouts advertised by the RA
are wrong. If you think so, then please post a question. For
instance, I can see now that those for IPaddr/IPaddr2 are really
excessive.

>   Heads up for all though: there seem to be a lot of minor little syntax
> changes, the    'crm resource migrate <rsc> <node>'  now needs an extra
> argument of duration is anothert I ran into. tells you to reference:

That's not exactly true. If it were, that would've been a
regression and in general we don't like those. It is true that
there is an extra parameter, but it's optional. If the above form
doesn't work (it really does here), then please open a bugzilla.

Cheers,

Dejan