[Pacemaker] WARNING: drbd0: default-action-timeout

Michael Schwartzkopff misch at multinet.de
Thu Mar 18 16:32:22 EDT 2010

Am Donnerstag, 18. März 2010 21:25:22 schrieb Glauber Cabral:
> Hi Kenneth
>
> I'm new to pacemaker, but I guess that your problem is that the
> timeout for start and stop action are set by default to 20s somewhere
> (it seems it's not defined in your file) and pacemaker is telling you
> there timeouts are shorter then the recomended ones.
>
> So, my suggestion is to define these timeouts by yourself, assuming
> the suggested values are OK.
>
> To do so, you should type the command below in shell to edit your
> configurations:
> # crm configure edit
>
> And change the DRDB primitive to this:
>
> primitive drbd0 ocf:linbit:drbd params drbd_resource="drbd0" \
> op monitor interval="15s" \
> op start timeout="240s" \
> op stop timeout="100s"
>
> I hope this can help you =)
>
> []s
> Glauber
>
> On Thu, Mar 18, 2010 at 4:16 PM, Ken Dechick <kend at medent.com> wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > Just updated my test cluster to latest 1.0.8 pacemaker (from 1.0.6)  and
> > 3.0.2-2 heartbeat (from 3.0.1-1). Was going through my usual
> > configuration steps, when I ran into a warning I have never seen before
> > in setup. I start my bare cluster and co cmd-line configuring within the
> > crm shell from there.
> >
> > My first primitive device is my DRBD resource and the command I use:
> >  primitive drbd0 ocf:linbit:drbd params drbd_resource="drbd0" op monitor
> > \ interval="15s"
> >
> > Today I am suddenly getting a new warning when I use this
> >
> >  WARNING: drbd0: default-action-timeout 20s for start is smaller than the
> > advised 240
> > WARNING: drbd0: default-action-timeout 20s for stop is smaller than the
> > advised 100
> >
> > But I don't know the syntax to correct this. Searching around in the
> > lists I don't see anything - perhaps this is something new with pacemaker
> > 1.0.8? Can anyone shed some light?
> >
> > -Thanks
> >

> > Kenneth M DeChick

Hi,

new introduced in 1.0.8. If your resources work you can safely ignore this.

Gretings,

--
Dr. Michael Schwartzkopff
MultiNET Services GmbH

mail: misch at multinet.de
web: www.multinet.de

Sitz der Gesellschaft: 85630 Grasbrunn
Geschäftsführer: Günter Jurgeneit, Hubert Martens

---

PGP Fingerprint: F919 3919 FF12 ED5A 2801 DEA6 AA77 57A4 EDD8 979B
Skype: misch42