[Pacemaker] Multi-level ACLs for the CIB

Yan Gao ygao at novell.com
Thu Mar 18 12:09:23 EDT 2010

On 03/18/10 22:54, Yan Gao wrote:
> On 03/18/10 21:00, Andrew Beekhof wrote:
>> On Thu, Mar 18, 2010 at 12:29 PM, Dejan Muhamedagic <dejanmm at fastmail.fm> wrote:
>>> Hi,

>>> I'd agree. I think that we're already doing some IPC based
>>> authentication with glib2 (when connecting to lrmd). Perhaps that
>>> could've been used here too?
>>
>> Might be worth looking into... Yan?
> OK, I'll do that.
lrm also adopts the socket mechanism in the ipcsocket library, which
previously only supported checking if a client is in the specified white
list. That's why I improved the library to make the function caller know
which specific user the peer is.

An interesting thing is there's getuid() in the liblrm client library.
When a client registers to lrmd, it tells lrmd its id. The debug log of
lrmd depends on that info.

Regards,
  Yan
--