[Pacemaker] Which Linux to use for cluster

Michael Schwartzkopff misch at multinet.de
Wed Mar 17 05:37:53 EDT 2010

Am Mittwoch, 17. März 2010 09:01:11 schrieb Andrew Beekhof:
> On Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 10:52 PM, Michael Schwartzkopff
>
> <misch at multinet.de> wrote:
> > Am Dienstag, 16. März 2010 20:43:32 schrieb Winkler Norbert:
> >> Hallo again Forum
> >> It seems that  a failed the second time building a pacemaker cluster
> >> first with opensuse 11. 2 onboard software
> >> second with opensuse 11.2 with repository from clusterlab
> >> It seems that it worked but i couldn't write the  resource pemanently
> >> into the cib,
> >> i posted it  to  this forum ....
> >>
> >> So what i want is a pacemaker cluster with drbd to run openiscsitarget
> >> as redundant storage for an esx server.
> >> I work for an Austrian monestary Karmelitenkonvent (www.karmel.at)  and
> >> i am a one man show for the whole Monestary in Austria.
> >>
> >> I have to servers with netto 5 TB each ( one is 3ware raid with raid 5
> >> (sohuld  be secondary) and one is 3ware raid with raid 50)
> >> Each server has two two nics i used  it in my last try one with cross
> >> over for drbd and the other for the normal connection.
> >>
> >> So please tell me with which linux variant  i  have the best chance to
> >> make this work as i want  and with which variant i can also get
> >> a litttle help
> >>
> >> Thank you in advance
> >> Norbert Winkler
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > The problem is that no distribution has a good recent verion of pacemaker
> > included
>
> Fedora-12 has 1.0.7 and I'll probably push in 1.0.8 (released last
> night) later today.
> Its also what I do all my testing on, and the reference distro for
> "clusters from scratch".
>
> > and you have to find out or to known which version of pacemaker really
> > works good for what distribution. But this can change daily.
>
> Huh?
>
> The only version/distro specific issues I know of are with Debian.
> Its highly unfair to generalize Debian's problems to mean all distros.

Perhaps yes. I said that fedora seems to be the best platform for the time
beeing. But I still have issues with opensuse 11.2. And yes, I did not have
the time to find out more about the problem.

Greetings,

--
Dr. Michael Schwartzkopff
MultiNET Services GmbH

mail: misch at multinet.de
web: www.multinet.de

Sitz der Gesellschaft: 85630 Grasbrunn
Geschäftsführer: Günter Jurgeneit, Hubert Martens

---

PGP Fingerprint: F919 3919 FF12 ED5A 2801 DEA6 AA77 57A4 EDD8 979B
Skype: misch42