[Pacemaker] DRBD and fencing

Martin Aspeli optilude+lists at gmail.com
Wed Mar 10 10:10:31 EST 2010

Dejan Muhamedagic wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Wed, Mar 10, 2010 at 09:02:48PM +0800, Martin Aspeli wrote:
>> Lars Ellenberg wrote:
>>
>>> Or, if this is as infrequent as you say it is, have those blobs in a
>>> regular file system on a regular partition or LV, and replace every
>>> "echo>   blob" with "echo>   blob&&   csync2 -x blob" (you get the idea).
>> Unfortunately, that'd mean modifying software I don't really have
>> control over. :-/
>
> If they are infrequent, running csync2 as a cron job once a
> minute would do, right?

I don't think that'd be safe for this particular application. The use
case is CMS file uploads.

It's more likely that you'll see three writes in one minute and then no
writes for 3 days than that you'll see the same volume of writes spread
over the same length of time.

> ocfs2 introduces an extra level of complexity. You don't want
> that unless really necessary.

How would that complexity manifest?

Martin