[Pacemaker] ERROR: unpack_rsc_op: Hard error

Tim Serong tserong at novell.com
Tue Mar 9 23:42:05 EST 2010

On 3/10/2010 at 09:48 AM, Werner <wkuballa at co.sanmateo.ca.us> wrote:
> I have a problem with setting up a simple two node cluster with an IP address
> that should fail over.
>
> The two systems run SLES 11 with HAE.  I have done this configuration with
> two
> virtual machines and it works just fine in this environment.  However, when
> I do
> the exact same configuration on the real (physical) systems it fails.  This
> is
> what I get:
>
> root at imsrcdbdgrid2:~# crm configure show
> node imsrcdbdgrid1
> node imsrcdbdgrid2
> primitive ClusterIP ocf:heartbeat:IPadd2 \

                                   ^IPaddr2

Looks like a typo - if your configuration is missing that 'r' character,
that'll be the source of your problem (although, if the crm shell let you
create a primitive using an RA that doesn't exist, that sounds like a bug).

> root at imsrcdbdgrid2:~# crm_verify -L -V
> crm_verify[26812]: 2010/03/09_14:42:44 ERROR: unpack_rsc_op: Hard error -
> ClusterIP_monitor_0 failed with rc=5: Preventing ClusterIP from re-starting
> on
> imsrcdbdgrid1

rc=5 means "not installed", which you'll get if the RA explicitly returns
that error code, or if the RA itself doesn't exist.

Regards,

Tim

--
Tim Serong <tserong at novell.com>
Senior Clustering Engineer, OPS Engineering, Novell Inc.