[Pacemaker] DRBD Management Console 0.6.0

Rasto Levrinc rasto.levrinc at linbit.com
Wed Mar 3 01:29:32 EST 2010

On Wed, March 3, 2010 3:08 am, Tim Serong wrote:

> Side point: I have it in the back of my mind that I may end up wanting to
>  communicate directly with libcib if the CLI tools ever become a
> performance bottleneck, but this isn't a problem yet (earlier, Hawk was
> running crm_resource to get the status of each resource, so the more
> resources, the more execs: yuck.  Now it just figures everything out from
> a single run of cibadmin).

Yeah, DRBD-MC simply parses XML obtained by cibadmin. Actually the helper
program connects itself to the cib socket registers and waits for events,
so that the GUI updates itself in realtime. Before it used mgmt via
available python library to talk to the cluster, but it got out of favour,
so I've exchanged all the commands about a year ago.

Any other option, like connecting to CIB remotely or using libcib, would
require change of the configuration or installation of some additional
software on the servers, which I am trying to avoid.

Rasto

--
: Dipl-Ing Rastislav Levrinc
: DRBD-MC http://www.drbd.org/mc/management-console/