[Pacemaker] Updated VMwareVM resource agent

Florian Haas florian.haas at linbit.com
Mon Mar 1 07:09:10 EST 2010

On 2010-03-01 13:02, Dejan Muhamedagic wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Sun, Feb 28, 2010 at 10:36:32PM +0100, Cristian Mammoli - Apra Sistemi wrote:
>> In 2008 I posted on the linux-ha ML a resource agent script for vmware
>> server 2 virtual machines. It has been slightly modified and shipped
>> with heartbeat and (now) pacemaker.
>> Actually the script is broken:
>> the script is named "vmware" while the "resource-agent name" is set to
>> "vmwarevm". They should match.
>> Besides that, even if all the "OCF_" stuff is correctly declared the
>> script always reports:
>> "WARNING: Could not find out virtual machine name"
>> That's because in the modified version the function "set_environment" is
>> not properly executed before actually starting and stopping resources.
>>
>> Attached is the 0.2 version I actually use in production. It's called
>> "VMwareVM". If you're going to modify the script before including PLEASE
>> post it on the list before so I can check if it actually works or not.
>
> Yes, normally that should be the case. You should've complained
> right away to avoid any confusion.

If you are referring specifically to the resource agent name, per
http://hg.linux-ha.org/agents/log/tip/heartbeat/vmware the agent was
never renamed. It went in as "vmware" in the first place. Now it may
have been _submitted_ under a different name, but is was definitely
_merged_ as vmware.

Cheers,
Florian