[Pacemaker] Quorum question

Robert vanleeuwen at stone-it.com
Mon Mar 29 12:35:39 EDT 2010

Hi,

I expected that quorum would be lost if you have half of the nodes
offline.

However this seems to be the case when I test this:
I simulating a network failure by blocking all traffic via a crontab
iptables rule on half of the nodes:

iptables -I INPUT -j DROP
iptables -I OUTPUT -j DROP

Fencing is configured and the 4 remaining nodes try to fence the 4
"dead" nodes.
I would NOT expect this to happen because quorum should be lost...?

Am I missing something?

Below the output of crm status were you can see that 4 nodes are gone
while quorum is retained.

============
Last updated: Mon Mar 29 17:52:21 2010
Stack: openais
Current DC: blade62 - partition with quorum
Version: 1.0.7-6e1815972fc236825bf3658d7f8451d33227d420
8 Nodes configured, 8 expected votes
8 Resources configured.

Node blade59: UNCLEAN (offline)
Node blade73: UNCLEAN (offline)
Node blade72: UNCLEAN (offline)
Node blade71: UNCLEAN (offline)
Online: [ blade60 blade61 blade62 blade63 ]

Thanks,
Robert van Leeuwen