[Pacemaker] Fencing with iDrac 6 Enterprise

Martin Aspeli optilude+lists at gmail.com
Sun Mar 7 23:00:44 EST 2010

Hi,

We have a two-node cluster of Dell servers. They have an iDRAC 6
Enterprise each. The cluster is also backed up by a UPS with a diesel
generator.

I realise on-board devices like the DRAC are not ideal for fencing, but
it's probably the best we're going to be able to do. However, I've read
in some manuals that DRAC 6 is troublesome, and that the drac STONITH
agent in Pacemaker only deals with version 5.

Is this still current? Can anyone point me to any documentation or
examples of configuring iDRAC 6 Enterprise for STONITH, if indeed it's
possible?

Thanks!
Martin