[Pacemaker] Active/passive cluster with Apache and drbd on rhel 5

pierre.casenove at almerys.com pierre.casenove at almerys.com
Mon Jul 5 05:48:39 EDT 2010

Thanks a lot for the answers.
I finally set up the following:
- corosync and pacemaker from clusterlabs repo
- drbd from centos 5 extras

It works perfectly

Pierre

De :
Andrew Beekhof <andrew at beekhof.net>
A:
The Pacemaker cluster resource manager <pacemaker at oss.clusterlabs.org>
Date:
05/07/2010 11:46
Objet :
Re: [Pacemaker] Active/passive cluster with Apache and drbd on rhel     5

On Wed, Jun 30, 2010 at 10:14 AM,  <pierre.casenove at almerys.com> wrote:
> Hello all,
> I'm currently studying how to set up a 2 node cluster running apache 2.2
as
> a reverse proxy using corosync, pacemaker and drbd on RHEL 5.5.
> I've downloaded:
> - Clusters from scratch PDF (which is perfect... but for fedora 13 which
> includes DRBD in the kernel)
> - the yum repo: http://www.clusterlabs.org/rpm/epel-5/clusterlabs.repo
>
> As DRBD is not included in RHEL 5, I've launched the following command:
> yum install drbd

YOu shouldn't grab drbd from the clusterlabs repo.
It was a failed experiment that has since been dropped.

> It works perfectly... but when installing drbd, the package drbd-xen is
> marked as a dependancy, resulting in the XEN kernel being installed on
the
> RHEL 5 box. This is not a big issue, but I would prefer not to install
XEN
> on the box.

I think this is just how the upstream spec file works.

http://developerbugs.linux-foundation.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=Pacemaker