[Pacemaker] /.crm_help_index file (in system root aka /)

Dejan Muhamedagic dejanmm at fastmail.fm
Fri Jul 2 09:26:03 EDT 2010

On Thu, Jul 01, 2010 at 07:46:44PM +0200, Raoul Bhatia [IPAX] wrote:
> On 07/01/2010 05:46 PM, Dejan Muhamedagic wrote:
> > The help index is created in the user's home. Is that the home of
> > the root user? Shouldn't it be /root? BTW, there are many other
> > programs creating dot files in home dirs.
>
> yeah, i know. and /root/.xxxx would perfectly be fine.
>
> but occasionally, it appears in /
>
> thats the "issue".

OK, it's because the HOME variable expands to zilch. Now, that
may be a problem because we definitely need a place for the help
index. In case there's no HOME variable the shell may refuse to
create the index which means there wouldn't be any help, but this
has to be tested. You can open a bugzilla if bothered.

Thanks,

Dejan