[Pacemaker] suggested _doc_ cleanups in pacemaker source repo (broken links and obsolete stuff)

Dejan Muhamedagic dejanmm at fastmail.fm
Thu Jan 28 07:51:05 EST 2010

Hi,

On Thu, Jan 28, 2010 at 01:31:54PM +0100, Lars Ellenberg wrote:

> wiki.linux-ha.org
> 	is the old moinmoin wiki, and should no longer be referenced.
> www.linux-ha.org/* is the moinmoin content "transcluded",
> 	and should no longer be referenced either.
>
> (www.linux-ha.org or linux-ha.org is the same thing, btw).
>
> clusterlabs.org or
> linux-ha.org/wiki/* is where we should point to, if we have to.
> linux-ha.org/  redirects now to linux-ha.org/wiki/Main_Page
>

> To reduce the amount of broken links
> or references to outdated www.linux-ha.org/* information, do
>
> 	pacemaker.stable-1.0# grep -r linux-ha.org *
> 	(result see below)
>
> I suggest that README.in be replaced. It is a leftover from
> heartbeat CVS of 10 years ago.  Mabe just remove it, or put in a
> reference to clusterlabs.org
>
> cts/README:
> 	please remove the reference to HostBasedAuthentication
> 	(just the link. the explanation is fine)
>
> doc/*
> 	please remove or update DirectoryMap, crm_fencing.txt
> 	please remove faqntips.html
>
> 	You may want to remove a few of the other docs there, too.
> 	Most of them probably have been obsoleted by the "Explained" document,
> 	or simply by time passing by.
>
> doc/Pacemaker_Explained:
> 	can we drop the references to OCFResourceAgent,
> 	and HeartbeatResourceAgent?
> 	or move that information to some page in clusterlabs.org?
>
> tools/haresources2cib.py.in:
> 	as recently discussed on irc, this seems no longer be of
> 	much use.  it should be updated to reasonably work again,
> 	and not point to ResourceAgent or be removed/replaced with
> 	some haresources -> crm shell conversion tool.

I think that this should definitely be removed. Really makes no
sense to update it to produce the new XML. To make a new tool:
perhaps though it is going to have a really low priority.

> xml/*.dtd
> 	can we drop the reference to v2/Concepts/Clones,
> 	and simply point to the Explained documents instead?
>
> Other comments?

Yes :) Is there a way to copy/convert old wiki documents to the
new wiki? Some documents are almost as good as new. Some need
minor changes. And we need lots of hands, so it'd be good to have
a kind of HOWTO for this. Finally, is there a way to make
redirect for those pages which moved to the new wiki?

Cheers,

Dejan