[Pacemaker] Pacemaker+DRBD deployment scenario

Florian Haas florian.haas at linbit.com
Thu Jan 21 15:43:03 EST 2010

On 01/21/2010 07:03 PM, Maros Timko wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am using this list only as I know LINBIT guys are active here too :o)
> Recent EPEL version of Pacemaker now also includes couple of DRBD rpms,
> but not DRBD kernel module itself. I am just curious how should I
> install the Pacemaker+DRBD
> .
>  - Once I install DRBD I will get all the utils, RA, udev, ...
>  - If I only install rpms coming with Pacemaker, I don't have kernel
> module. So I don't have DRBD.
> Should I use two repositories for DRBD (Pacemaker EPEL and some other
> for DRBD KM)? I think DRBD resource agents are still maintained on DRBD
> side. So what was the idea of this packaging?

Fedora (which EPEL packages are built from) has a no-3rd-party-kmod
policy. Once Fedora moves to a 2.6.33 kernel that issue will be moot and
you won't need anything other than the userland packages.

In the meantime, install the userland binaries, then grab the source RPM
and build your kernel module package from drbd-km.spec. Or just grab a
tarball and build all your RPMs from that.

Cheers,
Florian