[Pacemaker] APC Master Stonith

Dejan Muhamedagic dejanmm at fastmail.fm
Wed Jan 20 04:56:51 EST 2010

Hi,

On Tue, Jan 19, 2010 at 10:19:10PM +0100, Sander van Vugt wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I hope someone has configured the APC Master Stonith resource (which you
> would use to have pacemaker to a device like the APC switched rack PDU),
> as I have a - probably extremely stupid - conceptual question about it.
>
> When I look at the options the resource has, it allows me to enter
> username, password and IP address. What I would also expect, is to give
> it something like a name of the node that is should do STONITH on, as
> well as the port on the device that it should power cycle. Am I missing
> something? Or do I have to specify this information as additional
> attributes? And if so, what exactly would be the syntax?

Never worked with the plugin, but apparently it gets the list of
nodes it can manage from the device itself. This list is compiled
from the outlet names, so they should match node names. Then, on
fence request, the plugin will find the right outlet based on the
node name.

BTW, the device can't handle more than one connection at the
time, so you should create only one resource (no clones).

Thanks,

Dejan