[Pacemaker] Multi-level ACLs for the CIB

Yan Gao ygao at novell.com
Thu Jan 14 01:07:41 EST 2010

Hi,

Dejan Muhamedagic wrote:
> Hi Yan,
>
> On Wed, Jan 13, 2010 at 08:49:00PM +0800, Yan Gao wrote:
>> Dejan Muhamedagic wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> On Wed, Jan 13, 2010 at 10:04:12AM +0100, Andrew Beekhof wrote:
>>> [...]
>>> Wouldn't that be too restrictive?
>> How about removing the "members" in role, while preserving the multiple
>> references of roles ?
>
> That would do, of course. For whatever reason, however,
> specifying members along with the role seems more natural to me.
:) Another choice is also preserving "members", but changing the data type of
user id to schema "ID" type:

 	  <element name="user">

and changing the tag "uid" to "user" under members, and also the with the "ID" type :

 	        <element name="members">
 	          <zeroOrMore>
-	            <element name="uid">
+	            <element name="user">
 	            </element>
 	          </zeroOrMore>
 	        </element>

This means an "user" can only appear once in the configuration, either
under a role, or in his own definition.

It's not too strict to demand the user name is a schema "ID" type. The drawback
is that it would no longer support numeric system uid.
What do you think?

Regards,
  Yan

--