[Pacemaker] automatic reset of failcount?

Schaefer, Diane E diane.schaefer at unisys.com
Thu Jan 21 07:17:27 EST 2010

Hi,

We are using Pacemaker 1.0.6 and heartbeat 3.0.  We'd like to know if there is a way to configure the failcount for a resource to automatically reset.  We have several resources that have a migration-threshold in a two node cluster.  Once the threshold is met, the resource migrates to the other node as expected.  We have configured the failure-timeout and start-failure-is-fatal to false.  After the failure-timeout expires the resource can now go back to the other node.  If the threshold on the second node is reached, the resource migrates back.  After this point, since the failcount > migration-threshold any single failure causes the resource to switch.

Thanks,
Diane Schaefer