[Pacemaker] Cluster group and name confusion

Hunny Bunny tmphb at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 17 13:07:03 EST 2010

Hello folkz,
I'm confused under which cluster group and name I should run the whole cluster environment root/root or hacluster/hauser.

I have compiled from most recent sources Corosync/OpenAIS, Cluster Glue, Resource Agents, Pacemaker, DRBD and OCFS2-Tools environment.

This site http://www.clusterlabs.org/wiki/Install#From_Source
suggests to create
groupadd -r hacluster
useradd -r -g hacluster -d /var/lib/heartbeat/cores/hacluster -s /sbin/nologin -c "cluster user" hauser
However, Corosync/OpenAIS which starts all Pacemaker CRM stuff runs as user and group root
in /etc/corosync/corosync.conf

<--------- snipped ---------->

service {
    # Load the Pacemaker Cluster Resource Manager
    name:   pacemaker
    ver:    0
}

aisexec {
    user:   root
    group:  root
}

DRBD, O2CB and OCFS2 start an run as user and group root

So, should I now change to run all the cluster components as a root/root or hacluster/haclient

Could you please clarify this cluster group/user confusion for me.

Many thanks in advance,

Alex