[Pacemaker] Pacemaker, openais, Xen, drbd and ocfs2 with Opensuse 11.2

Helmut Weymann helmut at h-weymann.de
Sun Feb 21 20:13:35 EST 2010

Please help me to find and/or build the necessary rpms or sources.

My current system consists of

- two PCs with opensuse 11.2 as dom0.
- three paravirtualized domu. Each of them opensuse 11.1 using a drbd device
with physical partitions on each PC as disk. This setup enables life migration
between the PCs.
- a fourth drbd device cut out of two logical volumes.
- The four drbd devices are four different drbd resources all allowing two
primaries.
- pacemaker cluster with openais, stonith device and Cluster ip is installed
and configured. I did use the three repositories: opensuse 11.2, ha-clustering
at opensuse and clusterlab repository for opensuse 11.2.

Installing the right components

I have gone through a large number of documents about pacemaker, openais, Xen,
drbd and ocfs2. The different installation and configuration guides did not
help me to get a straightforward approach.

The first obstacle is to find compatible releases of the required rpms.
primary source is obviously the opensuse repository 11.2 including the update
repository. Two additional repositories are
http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/server:/ha-clustering/ and
http://www.clusterlabs.org/rpm/.
Current sources for ocfs2 and drbd can be found at oracle and linbit. Some
source-rpms can even be found at opensuse and clusterlabs.

The most surprising deviation from published documentation is the drbd
implemtation of opensuse 11.2. Though the drbd version is 8.3.4 it does not
install the linbit drbd resource script.

The next difficult part are the ocfs2-tools 1.4.1 from opensuse. They require
openais 0.8 and I failed building ocfs2-tools 1.4.2 from the oracle sources.

Building drbd 8.3.7 from linbit sources did work. Problem arose through
missing kernel modules. I may have taken the wrong path to build install drbd
8.3.7 from source.

Any help to get compatible current releases installed is very much
appreciated.

Helmut