[Pacemaker] Problem with gratuitous arps in IPaddr2

Lars Ellenberg lars.ellenberg at linbit.com
Wed Sep 23 10:28:46 EDT 2009

On Wed, Sep 23, 2009 at 03:05:32PM +0200, Christoph Mitasch wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I just read the following thread:
> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/linuxha/users/56429?do=post_view_threaded#56429
>
> What does this mean for the moment?
> Is the IPaddr2 resource not working correctly at the moment on CentOS 5?
>
> What is the way to go at the moment?

Dunno.
but one could replace the call to /usr/lib/heartbeat/send_arp
in IPaddr2 with calls to /usr/bin/arping,
where arping come from the package called (in debian) iputils-arping.

heartbeat send_arp:
send_arp -i $interval_ms -r $repeat_count -p $some_pid_file $DEVICE $IP ${MAC:-auto} not_used not_used

iputils-arping:
(
arping -U -b -c $repeat_count -w $repeat_count -I $DEVICE -s $IP $IP &
arping -A -b -c $repeat_count -w $repeat_count -I $DEVICE -s $IP $IP &
wait
)

should be almost functionally equivalent...

--
: Lars Ellenberg