[Pacemaker] pacemaker openais drbd mysql cluster

Florian Haas florian.haas at linbit.com
Sat Sep 19 07:52:52 EDT 2009

On 09/19/2009 12:25 PM, Michael Schwartzkopff wrote:
> Am Samstag, 19. September 2009 11:36:42 schrieb Stefan:
>> Hello all :)
>>
>> Im trying a mysql cluster and followed the instructions on drbd.org and
>> found that the config provided isnt working. My config:
>>
>> rimitive drbd_mysql ocf:linbit:drbd \
>>         params drbd_resource="r0" \
>>         op monitor interval="15s"
>> ms ms_drbd_mysql drbd_mysql \
>>         meta master-max="1" master-node-max="1" \
>>         clone-max="2" clone-node-max="1" \
>>         notify="true"
>> primitive fs_mysql ocf:heartbeat:Filesystem \
>>         params device="/dev/drbd/by-res/r0" directory="/service"
>> fstype="ext3" \
>> primitive ip_mysql ocf:heartbeat:IPaddr2 \
>>         params ip="10.100.100.200" nic="eth0:0"
>> primitive mysqld lsb:mysqld
>> group mysql fs_mysql ip_mysql mysqld
>> colocation mysql_on_drbd inf: mysql ms_drbd_mysql:Master
>> order mysql_after_drbd inf: ms_drbd_mysql:promote mysql:start
>> property $id="cib-bootstrap-options" \
>>         no-quorum-policy="ignore" \
>>         stonith-enabled="false" \
>>         expected-quorum-votes="2" \
>>         dc-version="1.0.4-2ec1d189f9c23093bf9239a980534b661baf782d" \
>>         cluster-infrastructure="openais"
>>
>> trying to load that config I get the errors:
>>
>> ERROR: object ip_mysql does not exist
>> ERROR: constraint mysql_on_drbd references a resource mysql which doesn't
>> exist
>> ERROR: constraint mysql_after_drbd references a resource mysql which
>> doesn't exist
>
> Your resource is called mysqld, not mysql
>
> Michael.
>

> Consultants earn their money because they can read manuals and logfiles!

And they should be able to read configuration errors, too. :)

>> fstype="ext3" \

That trailing "\" shouldn't be there. That's probably what messes up
everything else. Having the constraint refer to mysql (the group) rather
than mysqld (the primitive) is perfectly fine. But my guess is that your
trailing backslash causes ip_mysql to not be created at all, hence the
group mysql isn't created either (as it can't find ip_mysql), and thus
the shell complains about the constraints. Using the shell interactively
would have highlighted that problem.

This is a documentation error in the DRBD User's Guide. It will be fixed.

Cheers,
Florian