[Pacemaker] Now HOWTO: Dual primary DRBD + OCFS2

Michael Schwartzkopff misch at multinet.de
Fri Sep 18 14:39:35 EDT 2009

Am Montag, 14. September 2009 14:11:41 schrieb Diego Remolina:
(...)
> One thing that I believe would really complement the howto is if you
> could explain the configuration for a more complex setup, say two
> separate drbd Primary devices on the same cluster.

You mean r0 and r1? Please see the documentation of linbit for this setup.

> Going from one to two drbd devices is not always obvious and there are
> some location, collocation and order constrains that are not always easy
> to figure out.

???
It is straigt forward. Just make two ms-Resources. No further constraints
other then the ones provided are needed.

> There are also gotchas depending on how you configure your constrains as
> if you wanted to say bring down one of the filesystems on drbd or only
> one of the resources, but not the other, then depending on how your
> constrains were configured, bringing down only one of the two, can
> actually bring down other services in the cluster.
>
> If you would like any clarification, please let me know.

Well, Perhaps I did not get the point completely. Of course you will make a
filesystem depending on the state of the DRBD. Other resources depending in the
mounted data are, of course, also depending on the ms via the filesystem. So if
I take down the DRBD, the filesystem and the database using the data are also
brought down.

--
Dr. Michael Schwartzkopff
MultiNET Services GmbH

mail: misch at multinet.de
web: www.multinet.de

Sitz der Gesellschaft: 85630 Grasbrunn
Geschäftsführer: Günter Jurgeneit, Hubert Martens

---

PGP Fingerprint: F919 3919 FF12 ED5A 2801 DEA6 AA77 57A4 EDD8 979B
Skype: misch42