[Pacemaker] pacemaker install on rhel 5

Patrick Cévaër pcevaer at nonstop.fr
Fri Sep 18 11:54:31 EDT 2009

Hi Andrew, sorry to come back lately...

In the meantime, I gave a try on a centos 5.3 which is quite the same.
The pacemaker installation went smoothly. So I searched a little more
and found that libperl.so is also installed on the centos.
Yum told me that it is provided by the perl-5.8.xx package.

I came back to my rhel 5.2 server and change the search string and then
yum identified the right package. Here are the results:
 [root at sac ~]# yum whatprovides libperl.so
 Loaded plugins: rhnplugin, security
 Warning: 3.0.x versions of yum would erroneously match against filenames.
  You can use "*/libperl.so" and/or "*bin/libperl.so" to get that behaviour
 No Matches found

 [root at sac ~]# yum whatprovides "*/libperl.so"
 Loaded plugins: rhnplugin, security
 4:perl-5.8.8-10.el5.x86_64 : Le langage de programmation Perl
 Repo        : installed
 Matched from:
 Filename    :
/usr/lib64/perl5/5.8.8/x86_64-linux-thread-multi/CORE/libperl.so

I checked with my centos platform and saw that the i386 version of perl
has been installed during the installation of pacemaker.
I noticed that I'm actually running x86_64 version of RHEL 5 and as
those servers won't be connected to Internet I didn't configured Redhat
repositories.
So I downloaded and installed perl-5.8.8-10.el5_0.2.i386.rpm on my rhel
server and tried again the pacemaker installation.
This time, everything went well and i could setup my servers.

Thanks for your help!

Patrick Cévaër
NON STOP Systems - Service technique
Mobile : +33 6 74 89 58 30

12, Allée Lech Walesa 	  	Tél : +33 1 60 95 08 80
Villa Parc - Immeuble le Chêne 	  	Fax : +33 1 60 95 08 81
77185 Lognes 	  	E-mail : pcevaer at nonstop.fr <mailto:pcevaer at nonstop.fr>