[Pacemaker] Monitoring a pacemaker cluster

Bernd Schubert bs_lists at aakef.fastmail.fm
Tue Sep 15 09:28:47 EDT 2009

On Monday 14 September 2009, Andrew Beekhof wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 14, 2009 at 11:36 AM, Erik Hensema / HostingXS
>
> <hensema at hostingxs.nl> wrote:
> > Hi everybody,
> >
> > I'm in the process of deploying my first pacemaker cluster. The basic
> > setup seems fine.
> >
> > But of course I want to monitor the cluster for intermittent failures. If
> > a resource crashes and is restarted automatically, I want to know about
> > it. Especially when it's repeatedly restarted.
> >
> > Which brings me to the question how to monitor a cluster? Without a human
> > tailing syslogs 24x7, that is ;-)
> >
> > I'm already running nagios, so it would be preferable to integrate the
> > monitoring in nagios.
>
> crm_mon has snmp and email alerts.
> it can also produce output suitable for parsing by nagios IIRC.

For our RHEL installations I so far used the packages provided by the Suse
build service, but I think I have to recompile, since it seems snmp is
disabled for these:

Display Options:
 -n, --group-by-node    Group resources by node
 -r, --inactive         Display inactive resources
 -f, --failcounts       Display resource fail counts
 -o, --operations       Display resource operation history
 -t, --timing-details   Display resource operation history with timing details

Additional Options:
 -i, --interval=value           Update frequency in seconds
 -1, --one-shot                 Display the cluster status once on the console
and exit
 -N, --disable-ncurses          Disable the use of ncurses
 -d, --daemonize                Run in the background as a daemon
 -p, --pid-file=value           (Advanced) Daemon pid file location
 -E, --external-agent=value     A program to run when resource operations take
place.
 -e, --external-recipient=value A recipient for your program (assuming you
want the program to send something to someone).

Thanks,
Bernd

--
Bernd Schubert