[Pacemaker] Arp and configuration advice

j j at intuitivecreations.com
Fri Sep 11 10:45:41 EDT 2009

Hi,

I tried running the send_arp program by hand. The output suggested it
was looking for the IP address given via the given eth.

So, I have VIP 192.168.20.150
eth0 with 192.168.20.10

and the send_arp program would say something similar to
"Looking up 192.168.20.150 from eth0 192.168.20.10"

and would successfully update the arp cache for the VIP.

That tells me that either I'm using the program completely backwards or
it's actually looking a who-is lookup and not a gratuitous announcement.

I'm not a network guru though, so I could be off base here.