[Pacemaker] Strange behaviour of dual master DRBD

Lars Ellenberg lars.ellenberg at linbit.com
Thu Sep 10 13:25:53 EDT 2009

On Thu, Sep 10, 2009 at 05:10:39PM +0200, Michael Schwartzkopff wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I configured a dual master DRBD-8.3.2. When the nodes stat there is no problem.
> Both DRBD become master. But when I set on node to standby and wake it up
> again, the DRBD on that node stays secondary and does not become master.
>
> My config:
> primitive resDRBD ocf:linbit:drbd params drbd_resource="r0"
> ms msDRBD resDRBD meta notify="true" master-max="2"
>
> No further constraints.
>
> When the second node is online again ptest -sL shows:
> (...)
> resDRBD:0 promotion score on suse2: 50
> resDRBD:1 promotion scpre on suse1: -1
>
> Since the "-1" prevents the resource from beein promoted, I understand the
> behaviour of the cluster, but why isn't the resource beeing allowed th become
> master on that node?
>
> Thanks for any enlightenting answers.

Most likely it prevents you from shoting yourself in the foot ;)

look at /proc/drbd and the kernel logs (appart from the ha.log, of
course) on the drbd nodes to find out more.
I bet you manoevered yourself into diverging data sets (aka DRBD "split brain").

If it turns out to be a drbd.ocf bug,
let me know.

--
: Lars Ellenberg