[Pacemaker] Recovering from failed stonith

Erik Hensema / HostingXS hensema at hostingxs.nl
Fri Sep 4 10:50:54 EDT 2009

Op vrijdag 04 september 2009 14:41:18 schreef Johan Verrept:
> On Fri, 2009-09-04 at 14:32 +0200, Florian Haas wrote:
> > If it's not of any concern to you that your hard failover is not
> > automatic, why not go with the meatware "plugin" (aka human
> > intervention) in the first place?
>
> Unless I misunderstood his setup, only when the power to the other half
> the datacenter fails will the stonith fail. There are plenty of other
> cases where the node seems dead but the stonith will work fine.

Indeed. I'm using stonith to recover from all the usual failures such as
kernel panics, resources refusing to stop, etc. However when the power of a
node fails human intervention is needed. I just didn't know how to do this,
but now I've found out. Thanks.

--
Met vriendelijke groet,

Erik Hensema / HostingXS Internet Services