[Pacemaker] migrate_from/migrate_to for Stateful RAs

Florian Haas florian.haas at linbit.com
Tue Sep 1 02:50:02 EDT 2009

On 09/01/2009 08:30 AM, Andrew Beekhof wrote:
> only one layer of the stack is ever able to migrate.
>
> a resource can only migrate if its location and ordering pre-requisits
> are satisfied on the source and target nodes.
> clearly this can't be true for drbd _and_ something running on top of
> it (since drbd wouldn't be on the target yet).

That's what I was afraid of. :) This leaves me with handling DRBD state
transitions at the resource level like we currently do for Xen
(http://www.drbd.org/users-guide/s-xen-configure-domu.html) which is not
generic, has a lot of caveats (like support from pygrub and qemu-dm),
and most importantly, forces me to take control over DRBD away from
Pacemaker.

I had hoped there would be a better solution. Seems like there isn't. :(

Thanks anyway!
Cheers,
Florian