[Pacemaker] Building Sources Fedora 10

Tom Murray tom.murray at psydex.com
Mon Sep 28 13:00:20 EDT 2009

I am trying to get pacemaker and OpenAIS built and running on Fedora 10.
I have been following the instructions in the wiki
(http://clusterlabs.org/wiki/Install#From_Source).  I was able to compile
and install the "Cluster Glue, Resource Agents, and OpenAIS" components.
However, after fetching the latest Pacemaker sources (wget -O
pacemaker.tar.bz2
http://hg.clusterlabs.org/pacemaker/stable-1.0/archive/tip.tar.bz2), I have
unsuccessful in compiling the Pacemaker component.

Following the wiki instructions, I issued the following command to start the
build process for the Pacemaker component:

./autogen.sh && ./configure --prefix=$PREFIX --with-lcrso-dir=$LCRSODIR

I get the error:

configure: error: in `/root/clustersw/Pacemaker-1-0-05c8b63cbca7':

configure: error: Core Heartbeat utility libraries not found: no

As a result, I then modified the suggested wiki command to configure without
heartbeat:

./autogen.sh && ./configure --prefix=$PREFIX --with-lcrso-dir=$LCRSODIR
--with-ais=yes --without-heartbeat

However, I still was unable to get past the " Core Heartbeat utility
libraries not found: no"  error.

I then attempted to install the heartbeat component following the wiki
instructions.   However, I ran into more issues building the Heartbeat
component.

Any help in getting past my Pacemaker build errors would be greatly
appreciated.

Thanks in advance for your assistance,

Tom.