[Pacemaker] [Linux-HA] Problem with gratuitous arps in IPaddr2

Florian Haas florian.haas at linbit.com
Tue Sep 15 09:30:14 EDT 2009

No one seems to have acted on this when it was first posted, but we just
discussed this on #linux-ha, and Lars and Dejan were kind enough to
offer an explanation:

On 2009-07-02 13:38, Michael Schwartzkopff wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I encountered a problem with an ordinary IPaddr2 resource. In the logs I see:
>
> IPaddr2[9651]: ERROR: Could not send gratuitous arps

This appears to be the case on any system where libnet (on Debian,
libnet1-dev) is not available *at compile time*. The obvious workaround,
per Lars' and Dejan's suggestion, is to compile resource-agents on a
system with libnet installed.

An issue exists on RHEL 5, which does not have libnet available. It is,
however, available from the CentOS 5 "extras" repository.

Andrew -- assuming you are building packages for RHEL on CentOS, can you
make sure you pull libnet into the build environment?

Cheers,
Florian