[Pacemaker] Arp and configuration advice

j j at intuitivecreations.com
Tue Sep 8 17:03:16 EDT 2009

Greetings,

I have a two webserver/two database server clustered setup. I've got
ldirector and LVS managed by pacemaker and configured to be able to run
on either database machine.

I know how to disable ARP for the machine not running ldirector,
unfortunately I'm not sure how to dynamically get the webservers to
update their ARP cache when ldirector gets moved upon failure.

Is it possible to set up a service for the two web servers to delete the
ARP cache for the VIP on the event that ldirector gets moved?

I can build my own OCF script to update the arp cache, that's not an
issue. I simply don't know how to configure pacemaker to say "Oop. db2
died. Move ldirector to db1 and tell the webservers to update their ARP
cache".

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

Justin