[Pacemaker] using clone score in location

Geoff Lovett geoff.lovett at lightningsource.com
Mon Aug 31 20:40:10 EDT 2009

Tried "colocation proxy-colo inf: proxy_vip proxy_group" instead of
colocation, failed squid, but proxy_vip still says put.

I came up with a solution, but it's not optimal.  I added
on-fail="standby" to squid's monitor, and added clone-node-max="1" to
proxy_group_clone.  This puts the whole node in standby node if squid
fails, causing proxy_vip to move.  Clone-node-max=1 was necessary to
keep the failed node's clone from restarting on the healthy one.

If I had unrelated resources managed by pacemaker on these nodes, this
would fail those things over also.  Any additional ideas that could
solve this scenario would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Geoff

Andrew Beekhof wrote:
> On Sat, Aug 29, 2009 at 12:21 AM, Geoff
> Lovett<geoff.lovett at lightningsource.com> wrote:
> Hello all, I'm trying to use a clone's score in a location constraint,
> and it's not going well.  Basically, I've got an IP I want to run on a
> node with any healthy clone.  My clone is of a group.  If any member of
> the group fails to run, I'd like the IP to migrate to a healthy node.
> Currently, after I cause a group member to fail, then the IP does nothing.
>
> Here's output from crm configure show.  I've tried many different
> location commands besides this one:
>
>> Thats your problem, you need a colocation constraint. Not a location one.
>
> primitive dansguardian lsb:dansguardian \
>        op monitor interval="5s"
> primitive proxy_pingd ocf:pacemaker:pingd \
>        params host_list="1.2.3.4" multiplier="1000" dampen="5s" \
>        op monitor interval="15s" timeout="5s"
> primitive proxy_vip ocf:heartbeat:IPaddr \
>        params ip="1.2.3.5" \
>        op monitor interval="5s" \
>        meta resource_stickiness="500"
> primitive squid lsb:squid \
>        op monitor interval="5s" \
>        op stop interval="0" timeout="180s"
> group proxy_group squid dansguardian
> clone proxy_group_clone proxy_group \
>        meta globally-unique="false"
> clone proxy_pingd_clone proxy_pingd \
>        meta globally-unique="false"
> location proxy_location proxy_vip \
>        rule $id="proxy_location-rule" -inf: proxy_group_clone lt 0
>
> ptest -L -s shows score 0 for proxy_group_clone when a node is healthy,
> and -1000000 when one a member of proxy_group has failed.
>
> I may be going about this wrongly... however I don't wish to add the IP
> to the group, as one of the group members (squid) takes a long time to
> stop, and I don't want the IP to be stuck on a non-functioning node
> during this time.
>
> Currently using Pacemaker 1.0.4 / Heartbeat 2.99.  Any ideas would be
> appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
> Geoff

- --