[Pacemaker] monitor timeout on xen VM live migration

Sebastian Reitenbach sebastia at l00-bugdead-prods.de
Mon Oct 19 04:45:19 EDT 2009

Hi,

I plan on updating heartbeat from heartbeat 2.1.X to now use pacemaker. I
installed a test cluster. Further I want to use XEN VM live migration.
Everything works fine so far, also the live migration, just one glitch I don't
know where to fix.
When initiating a migration of a VM, then, on the source host, I get a monitor
timeout. I already raised the default monitor timeout value in the
configuration for the resource, however, that doesn't seem to do the trick.
I need to clean the resource manually to remove the failed monitor action from
the source host to be able to migrate the resource back.

Any idea what to do, or more information to provide?

I use pacemaker-1.0.5 on SLES 11.

cheers
Sebastian