[Pacemaker] Low cost stonith device

Dejan Muhamedagic dejanmm at fastmail.fm
Mon Oct 5 08:28:58 EDT 2009

Hi,

On Mon, Oct 05, 2009 at 02:01:49PM +0200, Florian Haas wrote:
> On 2009-10-05 10:37, Johan Verrept wrote:
> > Hello guys,
> >
> >    I completed the RA and have attached it. As far as I can tell it is
> > fully functional but I would appreciate it if someone "in the know"
> > would take a look and gave me some feedback.
>
> I'm unable to test this as I don't have a device available, but:
>
> > gethosts)
> > 	# print hosts with domainname
> > 	domain=`domainname`
> > 	for host in `list_devices`;
> > 	do
> > 		echo $host.$domain
> > 	done;
>
> Can you make sure that this works both on systems where "uname -n"
> returns just the hostname (such as Debian or SuSE), and on those where
> it returns the FQDN (such as RHEL/CentOS)? I'm not sure if gethosts
> always expects to get the FQDN, or whether it expects node names as
> found in the CIB -- which, outside RHEL/CentOS, are unqualified.

Well spotted. But actually gethosts should return a list of
nodenames, as they are configured in the CIB. Now, if
list_devices, which actually uses GetPowerName.cgi, shows host
names as they are defined by the user, I wonder why it's needed
to append the domain. If the user wants node names with domain
couldn't he also define them so in the stonith device?

Thanks,

Dejan